Natural Gas Tips
- The recommended thermostat control setting for your furnace is 68 degrees F during the heating season or a range of 65–72 degrees.
- Set your thermostat back by 5 or 10 degrees when sleeping or when your house is empty for more than four hours.
- Provide home management with timely access to change furnace filters and provide furnace service.
- Keep heating vents clear of furniture and draperies and keep dampers open.
- Vacuum dust and pet fur from warm-air registers and cold-air returns.
- Remove dust and lint from registers, vents and baseboard heaters.